Keeping diabetes under control is very important, but unfortunately some people do not take care of their health as they should, and within a few years they could develop very serious complications.
How to recognize the symptoms of type 1 diabetes
Symptoms of type 1 diabetes usually appear suddenly. Here’s how to recognize them
Let’s find out together which is:
- Cholesterol and blood pressure levels are raised , a risk factor for stroke, heart disease and memory problems; high blood sugar can also damage veins, arteries and heart, which can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke
- Eyesight : Blood glucose levels can damage the delicate blood vessels in the eye, and cause vision problems
- Kidney problems : about half of those who do not control diabetes may have kidney damage and kidney failure
- Nerve problems : at first you may feel only a slight tingling or numbness in your hands or feet, but in the long run, neuropathy can cause pain , weakness and digestive disorders
- You may lose a foot : a wrong step or a pebble in the shoe can cause a small ulcer, which you may not notice because of the numbness; poor circulation can slow healing, and the end result could be a spreading infection that spreads to the bone
- Life is shortened : all these health problems can lead to an early death .